ROMA 5-6 NOVEMBRE 2013
Master interuniversitario di I livello in
"Studi Europei per l'America Latina"
Anno accademico 2013/2014
L' Università per l'Europa. Verso l'Unione Politica
giovedì, 20 marzo 2014
Facoltà di Economia, Sala del Consiglio
Via del Castro Laurenziano 9, Roma
“Verso una comunità euro-mediterranea”
Sapienza University of Rome: A Knowledge Community
Sapienza is an autonomous state University participating in the international scientific community as an excellence and quality institution in education and research. Sapienza carries out the mission of contributing to the development of a society of knowledge through research, excellence and quality education as well as international cooperation.
It offers a wide range of fields of study that includes 370 first cycle and second cycle degrees and over 300 professional university masters (continuing education courses). It carries out scientific research in various fields, achieving high-standard results, which are acknowledged both on a national and an international level.
The branches involved cover every field of knowledge from pure science to technical branches and classical studies, historical, philosophic and economic-juridical subjects, from Sociology to Psychology, from Communication Sciences to Medicine.
Sapienza was founded by Pope Boniface VIII in 1303 as Studium Urbis - the University of Rome.Today, with around 140,000 students, it is the first university in Europe as to the number of students and ranks N. 1 among the Italian universities. In Italian, Sapienza means "wisdom" or "knowledge". According to the Academic Ranking of World Universities published by the Institute of Higher Education of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Sapienza University of Rome ranks among the top 30 European universities. In 2010 QS World University Rankings ranked the university 190th overall in the world.
Many of the 145,000 students attending the University come from abroad: there are more than 5,000 foreign students and incoming and outgoing Erasmus students are about 1,000 per year. There are more than 4,500 professors and the administrative and technical staff counts approximately 5,000 people.
Sapienza is a city within a city, a knowledge community organising 11 faculties and over 60 departments.
The EuroSapienza Research Centre
EuroSapienza was founded in 2001 in continuity with the scientific and didactic activities of the Sapienza University's European School, founded in 1960.
Presently, 50 professors and researchers are members of the EuroSapienza Research Centre that promotes research on European issues and participates in European and international thematic poles of excellence.
EuroSapienza promotes and manages European research programmes; organises meetings, seminars, round tables, and study groups on European issues; shares the results of its research with national, European and international bodies and individuals; is editor of scientific journals and proceedings on European issues; and promotes and supports advanced and specialised didactic and formation activities.
a) Director: Prof. Raimondo Cagiano de Azevedo
b) Scientific Committee: Amb. Dr Francesco Bascone; Prof Marina Capparucci; Dr Donato Chiarini; Prof Renato Federici; Prof Rita Salvi
c) Administrative Board: Prof Marina Capparucci; Dr Adriana Conti Puorger; Dr Cristina Giudici;Prof Mario Tiberi; Prof Margrit Wetter
d) Executive Board: Prof Maurizio Boccacci Mariani; Prof Giuseppe Burgio; Dr Cristina Giudici
1st Level Masters
- International Masters in European and International policies and crisis management (4th edition)
- Master in European Policies (in Italian, for building a career within European and international institutions)
2nd Level Masters (till 2008)
European and international cooperation projects:
Partners of the EC-US programme:
- Deusto University, Bilbao (Spagna)
- Université Catholique de Paris
- Ohio University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
- Hamline University , Saint Paul , Minnesota , USA
- Benjamin Cardozo University , New York , USA
Partner Universities in South-Eastern Europe:
- University of Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
- University of Belgrade, Serbia
- University of Montenegro
Partners of the Ukrainian programme:
- International University of Kyev, Ukraine
- Ternopil National Economic University, Ukraine
- University in Simferopol, Ukraine
- University of Dnipropetrvsk, Ukraine
- University of Stuttgart, Germany
Other partner Universities and Institutions:
- American University in Rome
- European University College EHSAL, Brussels, Belgium
- Institut Catholique d'Hautes Etudes Commerciales (ICHEC), Bruxelles, Belgium
- Middle East Technical University di Ankara, Turkey
- Corvinus University Budapest, Hungary
- University Sorbonne la Nouvelle, Paris III, France
- University of Tblisi , Georgia
- University of Kuala Lumpur, Malesia
- University of Indonesia, Jakarta
- University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- Hogeschool Universiteit Brussels (HUB), Belgium
- Ministry of University and research, Republic of Algeria
- Institut Européen des Hautes Etudes Internationales, Nice, France
- Centre International de Formation Européenne, Nice-Berlin